Saving for a brighter future
For most of us, it's likely that our super fund will be one of the biggest assets that we ever own, so it's a good idea to keep track of our savings and how they're being invested. But with all the super providers out there, how do we know which one is best suited to our individual needs?
Get the most out of your savings
Superannuation starts when our working life begins, but unfortunately, not all super funds are created equal: different providers offer different levels of services.
You have to remember, this is your money we are talking about, and choosing which superannuation provider you go with directly affects your quality of life later on in life.
After finding the right super provider, it's important to find out whether or not you have accrued multiple super funds over your working life due to changing jobs. Consolidating multiple super funds into a single account can help you save money by minimising the costs and fees associated with using each separate fund.
Once you have optimised the structure of your superannuation fund, you can then start to think about increasing your retirement income and making sure that most out of your retirement.
Some things to consider:
- Increasing your super contributions
- Trying to reduce the costs associated with your super provider
- Putting your savings into less conservative investment strategies (just make sure you talk to your financial adviser first)
- Retire later on in life to build up more savings
- Obtaining part-time employment
- Living a more modest life-style so that you don't need as much income
LKFS has some of the best financial planners in the business, so by selecting us as your partner in your finance management, you can rest assured that you are getting the best possible service available.